26 April 2006

Use What You Have

Since April is "Use what you have" month, I thought I'd share what my back yard friends have recycled. This close up of their nest shows up beautifully red-speckled eggs.
Backing up for perspective you can see they've used an antique oil/gas can that I have displayed on a lattice fence as the nursery for the new babes. And here is the proud mom/dad Carolina Wren. They visit the nest daily while I watch from the window but I've never got a glimpse of mom sitting on the eggs. I hope to be a witness to the emergence of the babes and their first efforts at flight. However I also love cats and will have my work cut out for me trying to keep my seven felines from being curious about these new ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pics!

Anonymous said...

That may be the most adorable thing - besides my babies - that I've ever seen!

And I agree about the pics!

Lena said...

A perfect post for using what you have!