10 February 2006

Show & Tell Lamps




My lamps are all pretty humdrum so I decided to pick out a couple unusual ones I have. This first one I call Psychedelic. A little hard to see it in the photo but these blue tentacles emanate from the center untill you put your hand near the globe. Then all the tentacles gather toward your touch. Looks like a relic from my hippie days.

This other was a gift from a neat older woman (85 yrs old.) In case you couldn't guess, she likes bright colors. It doesn't really fit my decor but I like it in spite of that, or maybe because of that.

Our camera is with TT at work so I can't take any more pics but I also have one of the ever (used to be) popular Lava lamps.

2 comments:

blackbird said...

I know both of these lamps...
Middle has the top one!

You don't post very often, miss.
Maybe you should just change the name of your blog to Show and Tell!

Anonymous said...

Julia has the many-armed lamp and all my kids have wanted the first one at one time or another. Like those bookshelves.