12 December 2005

Show and Tell

Hope there's no late fee (property manager jargon) for tardy posters.
I don't celebrate Christmas myself so I thought I'd publish some pictures of some decorations, RV style. Many of the RV'ers who come through our park are what the industry calls "full-timers." This means they spend the entire year in their RV, traveling, usually from place to place, following either good weather, friends and family or just inexpensive parks to stay at temporarily. My camera doesn't do well in the dark I discovered. With the flash it looks like daytime and without it, the lights are just a blur, but here's what I got.
These reindeer stand post at one end of the RV.







This snappy sleigh with rudolph bedecks the back end of the trailer and...







this is their front door and patio, complete with lit tree and snowflake lights hanging from their awning. A 24 hour recording of carols and Christmas ditties graces each passerby.

My pictures really don't do them justice but you get the idea. As you might imagine, the stories these RV'ers tell are some pretty interesting tales.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, these are so cool! I could definitely see a coffee table book being done about trailer/RV Christmas decorations. I think you've hit on a great topic1