29 October 2005

The Boudoir


Let me start with show and tell. I know it's supposed to be on Friday but I only get the camera on weekends because TT (tall Texan) uses it for work during the week. Here's the boudoir. Just changed over the covers from the summer cotton quilt to the winter "bed clothes" as my Mom used to call them. No, my TT didn't build this bed but he IS sexy.
Haven't posted for ages. I'm frantically getting ready for a wedding at the house. A friend is getting married this week and I offered my home. Not that my house isn't fairly clean...but you know how there's always a room (or two) that gets passed over and tends to gather all the stuff you didn't know where to put when you cleaned the rest of the house. I started it yesterday and have finally finished tonight. Now I can take a few breaths before I work on th decorations. She wants "pink." I know a lot of people like pink and I don't mind it but I just changed all the colors in the house to fall shades and now I'll be changing everything to pink. I'm going to surprize everyone by adding black highlights with the pink. I'm using several shades of pink roses with wide black chiffon ribbon. Several strands of little white lights will surround the room with the dinner tables.. you get the picture. Other friends are providing the food, traditional Mexican fare... Chicken Mole, Spanish rice, Pinto beans, potato salad and, of course, Mexican Wedding Cookies and a three tier cake. TT is presiding over the wedding vows. Hopefully all will procede smoothly.

1 comment:

blackbird said...

7that bed looks so elegant -- the whole event sounds so elegant!
I can't believe you offered your home for a wedding...so much work!
Hope you will take pictures for us...