27 September 2005

A Piece of my Life


When preparing to publish this blog I actually spent months thinking about it. I'd go to the settings page and think about what to enter. What's my occupation? Favorite hobbies, books. I just couldn't describe my occupation in a word or two so I'll take this opportunity to share some of what I do. I live with my husband, son and daughter in a small community called Hidden Valley. Here I have about 5 houses and 15 mobile homes as well as 30 Recreational Vehicles spaces. I manage this property for a sweet man who has always been like my second Dad. His property also includes about 150 acres of riverfront land that used to be a thriving recreational haven making Hidden Valley somewhat famous in this part of Texas. A series of several floods burnt us out on the Recreational end of the Park so we closed it and it is now a wildlife refuge type thing with TX Parks and Wildlife. The photo is me doing some brush piling in the park. However the major part of my occupation is being a property manager/landlord/repair woman/cleaning woman/lawn mower/babysitter/counselor for the tenants of the aformentioned properties. Always on call. It's one of those occupations where you may plan a list to "to do's" but you really have no idea what the day will bring on. Kind of exciting but sometimes harrowing too. My favorite part about it is being able to do it from or near home since I live on the premise. Gives me as much time as possible with my family. I can make it flexible if necessary, usually.
So, that's a little idea of part of what makes up me. Probably the third most important part of me. I'll keep you quessing as to the more important parts till a later post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa - you go girl with that big machine! Remember when you went through the lightpost at college? You should've been driving that contraption!