24 August 2006

Your first assignment is...

Remember how the first assignment when we went back to school included some variation on the theme..."what did you do this summer?" Well here it is...

I do enjoy the kids being home for summer but I must admit the peace of being alone is extremely refreshing. They just went back a couple days ago and already I feel 100% more productive. Because I've been working throughout the summer we didn't get to do much vacationing but we did fit in some special activities.
The highlight of the season for us is always our summer Bible Convention near Austin. Unfortunately the pictures all contained me and I erased them from the camera expeditiously. We all enjoy the hours of Bible talks, demonstrations, experiences and especially the Bible Drama. This year it was a reenactment of
1 Kings chapter 13. Very thought provoking. DQ and MC especially enjoy the fancy hotel and pool and exercise room. After 4 evenings of swimming and exercising they are ready to come home though. A fun side to the trip is seeing friends from all over TX that we only see during the Conventions.
DQ, the recently turned teen and I, planned a LUAU sleepover for her and her friends. I don't know who had more fun, her or me. We went all out and spent hrs on the internet getting ideas for decor, food, drinks, games, etc.
A centerpiece

Of course we did the limbo dance and competed at hula hoops. Each of us had name tags with our Hawaiian names, (DQ and I are "Leikeli" and "Keli.") We made beaded ankle bracelets, did makeup and hair makeovers with "glamour shots"

The make up artist


and next morning we made a scrapbook with computer copies of the pics we took the day before as we sipped our pina colada smoothies.


After the make overs
For some reason blogger won't let me add any more pics so I'm posting this first then I'll post a couple more pics when I continue...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post brought tears to my eyes as I remembered all the sleepovers we had and all the parties we planned together! It's so cool to see you now as a Mom doing the same thing for your daughter. And you still look the same! The girls are all beautiful - which one isyour daughter?